Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Mobile Nirvana

"iPhone 4. Verizon. It begins." This is the recent tag line that appeared in Apple ads for the new Verizon iPhone. Too dramatic? Not for me.

I'm a longtime Apple user. Maybe product loyalty is an inherent trait, since I'm also a fairly longtime Verizon customer. I couldn't have predicted the ascendancy of the iPhone, nor could I have envisioned the 4 year reign of AT&T's exclusivity agreement with Apple. So, needless to say, my technological ch'i has been noticeably out of wack for several years.

No longer. The Verizon iPhone 4 is my new companion. To know it is to know blissful, electronic enlightenment. After a 6-month stint with an Android phone, I have finally arrived. No more goofy usability problems or OS malfunctions. It knows my MacBook, and my MacBook knows it. I have emerged from my dark, primitive chrysalis, and now I can fly freely to and fro across the technoverse.
"If a man can control his [phone] he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.
-Buddha

No comments:

Post a Comment