Are you kidding me right now?

Bruce's face says it all. Terrible regular season. Lost in double OT to Ohio State and missed the Tournament. Lost to Dayton in the NIT. And now...my bracket is totally screwed!

Now I know why people randomly become fans of the most successful teams; it's hard to lose! All these disappointments are difficult to weather. Why stay loyal to a team when you can pick up the Yankees with their 27 World Series victories? Or the Steelers with 6 Super Bowl wins? Or the Lady Volunteers with 8 NCAA titles?

But, of course, I won't ever do that. I can't. My loyalty is like a chronic disease. So I'll continue to endure mediocrity and awfulness with some tiny, hidden speck of hope that maybe even one of my silly teams will some day win it all, hoist a trophy or take a victory lap. Until then...ugh...

Comments